Michael Poultsidis is the owner and manager of the consulting office, while a researcher, surveyor and coordinator of the survey team at the same time. He graduated from the Geology Department of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, and his diploma thesis was on the "Mikroseismic study of Southwest Aegean". He undertook his doctoral thesis on the "Study of Talc Occurences East of Arnissa", specializing in Economic Geology, Geochemistry and Geology.
He has a marked expertise in:
- Geophysical, hydrogeological and geotechnical surveys.
- Environmental studies and surveys.
- Geological Mapping.
- Microscopy and recognition of rocks, ores, minerals and gems.
- Slope Stability and Flood defences.
- Structural Geology - Seismotectonics.
- Methods of prospect for and exploration of ore deposits and water reservoirs.
Since 1995 he is an Engineer-Consultant of Public Works in the following categories:
- Geological, Geophysical, Hydrogeological Surveys and Studies (20C)
- Environmental Studies (27B)
He is also a member of the following professional Associations:
- Association :of Greek Geologists
- The Geological Society of Greece
- Geotechnical Chamber of Greece, RN 4-01297
- Committee on Economic Geology and Geochemistry
Michael Poultsidis speaks Greek and English.
Michael Poultsidis consultancy firm has produced numerous Geological, Hydrogeological, Geophysical and Environmental Studies and Research throughout Greece. See here for an comprehensive list of projects and studies. He has also participated in many programs of the European Community (MARS Program, Remote Sensing Program, LEADER Programme)